New Flag

New Flag
Red Head

Tuesday, August 12, 2008


Hey it's been awhile. I've accepted a full time position at a toy company and am gamefully employed, working 40 hours aweek. I love my job. For the first time, I can work uninterrupted all day long and get a creative flow that I have not had in nearly 7 years. But what about all those previous posts? you might ask. Oh I would paint for about 10 minutes, stop, put a load of laundry in, paint another 7 minutes, vaccum the floor, paint maybe another 3 minutes, help my daughter with her homework...well, you get the picture.

Here is a drawing I have been working on during my lunchbreaks and now I am painting it in acrylic during my lunchbreak. Tomorrow, I will start to make a maquette of it out of sculpey, light it, then put the hilites on the painting.

5 comments:

Dorota said...

Great drawing Kim. Good to see you post again.

Kimberly M Zamlich said...

thanks for checking in, Dorota!

I am sculpting this griffin. Will post this when I am finished.

Dorota said...

I would love to see the sculpt. How is everything Kim?

Kimberly M Zamlich said...

I'm actually almost finished with the sculpt. I will try to photograph and post it soon.

I'm drawing more monsters! Can't believe I get paid to do this! It's certainly easier to go to work then be a stay at home mom. Greg makes a great wife.

Winston J. Williams said...

Kimberly / Greg?

First let me say I enjoyed looking at your art – it’s like a breath of fresh air when you get re-energized.

I’m accually an old classmate of your husband from M.V. “81”, I was trying to view some of his art work – I figured I could just google it, well the rest is self explanitory, I ended up on you blog. I could not find any of Gregs work online. Does he have a place he displays his work on line?

Thank you,
Winston J. Williams
Winston23508@aol.com