New Flag

New Flag
Red Head

Saturday, May 21, 2011



More from the King's Speech~
Helena Bonham Carter as Your Royal Highness~ quoth: "I don't have a hubby, we don't 'pop', and you will have to come to us!" to Geoffrey Rush, as Lionel Logue.

Struggling with the lowkey, unsaturated pallette. There are not a lot of cadmiums, just Orange Cad hue, and Red cad light. I think I had hit a high with the Vincent Price painting and feel like I am starting all over again. Been hit with a bit of melancholia and I mention this because it comes with the territory of being a creative, but fortunately for me it never lasts for very long.

On a better note, I ordered several tubes of paint from Dick Blick catalog, which had a 49% off sale! Don't know if it is still going on, but I made out like a bandit! Bought a new color, Quinacridone Blue Violet, which I can't wait to take it for a spin hopefully soon!

And a warning to those who want to try my paints when they see me whip out my pallette~I let my daughter use them and she switched the Titanium White tube cap with the Burnt Umber~my white is now contaminated with brown; my brown now looks like mocha...Grrr I am very protective about my tools!

No comments: