New Flag

New Flag
Red Head

Monday, October 07, 2013

Ok, the last posts were done from my new iPhone and I was surprised at the crappy quality of the camera~looks so much better on the iPhone then on the blog. So, back to scans which flatten the paint, can't seem to find a happy medium. I'll use the iPhone for an idea for size; I work pretty small but plan to leap into canvas next year~much larger! :) It took me a few starts to paint Robert in as a pirate because this year has been a non stop ride of big life obstacles and for the best results, you have to be calm and relaxed; I have tried to stay calm, but have had no time to relax. At any rate, I try to do as much as I can, daily, to keep the hand loose and the mind strong. These will be cropped and dropped into the cool, vintage brass folding picture frame I found at the Saugus Swap Meet about a year ago. The challenge was to paint small and still keep some detail with my aging eyes..

No comments: