New Flag

New Flag
Red Head

Friday, June 12, 2015


Also been playing around with some Photoshop brushes that I found free online.  I've heard some really good digital paint artists say that the brushes do not matter, but I beg to differ.  I have been so frustrated with the brushes that I have and maybe it's because I like to paint traditionally and know this method intimately and expect more from digital brushes.  But switching from traditional paint methods to digital is really like learning a new language, at least, for me.  This is a re do for my new business card.

1 comment:

Kimberly M Zamlich said...

Mayumi, not sure what you mean. I am trying to integrate Anime, Bohemia, fantasy and anatomy to these illustrations. I am influenced also from the Victorian and Edwardian Age and Nature. A successful illustration begins with a solid drawing and a strong silohuette. It should have flow. Thank you, and if you have any questions, please feel free to comment~KMZ