New Flag

New Flag
Red Head

Wednesday, April 22, 2009


Corrine as Ann Boleyn

About a month ago, I was asked to help put together an Ann Boleyn costume for Corrine. It was quite a challenge, because I had only 48 hours to do so, running to Joann's Fabrics, finding whatever was available, doing research online. It's a good thing I had seen The Other Boleyn sister last year. But as I was putting on the final brushstrokes for her face, I realized I had painted not Corrine, but her Mom, one of my dearest friends, Lisa, the way she looked nearly 20 + years ago when we were in college.

3 comments:

Dorota said...

I am so into the era of King Henry the Eight. Beautiful costumes. You should the Showtime series The Tudors. Very nice painting you did here Kimmie.

Kimberly M Zamlich said...

How historically accurate is that show? I've heard of it. I just made Greg suffer through Atonement. Beautifully shot, but really slow! I love movies with that natural light.

Thanks for checking in!

Kimmie

Dorota said...

Quite accurate and interesting. And I love the costumes.