New Flag

New Flag
Red Head

Monday, July 11, 2011






Exploring Color
I took these on the way home yesterday. A colorist's dream. On Highway 101 there was this place called Gilroy Gardens and we stopped to buy a pot. I am always on the look out for anything visual; anything that resonates with what I am learning. If I can't stop to paint I take a photo.

The top photo is unaltered. I love the way the light blue highlight came out; it is one of my favorite colors these days and you will see a lot of it in my paintings. It looks like I messed with it in Photoshop but I did not.

In the second shot from the top there is a photo of the violet pots. Top left pot has a reflection of two pots~this is my favorite part of the photo. It's just a reflection but it looks so cool I could not have done a better job painting it myself.

No comments: