New Flag

New Flag
Red Head

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Up and Coming: Tomb Raider I snuck in those guest colors, Aliz Crimson and Light blue Violet, albeit just a tiny bit. The candles were white in the screen shot, but I made painted them in a cooler range. This piece has been really tough. I don't normally try for a direct likeness and have missed that gamin, adorable look on Angelina's face. Oh well..This really has nice movement and the original is stunning. The hardest part is to keep the painting fresh, not get too noodley on the details. Keep it loose, keep it simple. Oh, and I tried this fancy, shmancy paper I found in the Disney Consumer Products drawing room, "Strathmore 500 Bristol" it says stamped on it, because yours truly remembered to bring everything but the substrate to paint on (Friday) in drawing class. It's smooth pedigreed surface almost threw me into a loop after painting on the rough cheaper surface of the water color tablet for my Elizabeth: The Golden Age series...enjoy! Will post this later when finished!

No comments: