New Flag

New Flag
Red Head

Saturday, August 11, 2012

I actually did this about 3 weeks ago, just now getting around to posting. It's on that lovely Strathmore Bristol (500?) Series, a paper not quite a board but heavy enough to take the acrylics. I just found out that if I precut the paper and bring it to Staples, they will "bind" it for about $4 to $5 dollars! We're talking a wire binder; one that I can open and paint with easily. Lately it has been hard to find a good landscape sketchbook in a size I prefer (I want it light, about 25 pages) and the type of paper that can take acrylic~I'm not a fan of the thick water color paper which tends to have too much texture. And since everyone these days draws, sketches on a hand held computer, the diversity of sketchbooks are getting harder to find. So I am stoked (stoked!) that I can assemble a book of my own material chooses! Yeah! The last screen shot sketchbook I completed had some of the best paintings ever, and I gave it to my Dad as a gift. The next one will be spectacular!

No comments: