New Flag

New Flag
Red Head

Saturday, March 05, 2011


No, I have not dropped off the face of the planet...just have a small break this weekend; was getting down because I have not had the time to jump on my own projects. Was going thru some drawings and found these. I had done these during a lunch break at MGA a while ago which had inspired me to make a sculpt (older post). I like bits and parts of these drawings and the central drawing is a young animal as you can see how thin the stomach area is. In a very youthful cat developing into maturity, (and this is prominent in humans as well), drawing a lean abdominal area instantly gives us the visual clue that this is a young animal. To emphasize and de-age the animal even more, I could have exaggerated the size of the paws to make it into an adolescent. I like this drawing because the lines really feel right; anatomy and muscles are working.

No comments: