New Flag

New Flag
Red Head

Thursday, April 06, 2006



I love to draw with pencil, but Greg thinks the thing I do best is paint in acrylic. Often, I get confused because I can't think which is better in the hand--a pencil or a brush loaded with paint? And can i paint and draw in heaven? I worked at Disney Feature Film for 5 years--I am so compulsive and disciplined, I would draw 10 hours aday, come home, eat dinner and draw from video; I love it so much. This red landscape is made of all the earth colors I love; sienna, red and yellow ochres, red, orange, yellow cadmiums, the sky my favorite neutral mix: ultramarine and cadmium orange with a touch of naples yellow. I have not been able to work on it, considering I am home with a very active and spirited 4 year old, working on freelance and trying to stay sane. Leopardine keeps me going; and even then must sketch her on the run; inbetween laundry, dishes, clients. Am also learning to digitally ink in illustrator.

No comments: