New Flag

New Flag
Red Head

Friday, April 07, 2006



This is one of many clothed figure sketches done in Bob Kato's class at Disney before he opened a drawing club. When i first started drawing the clothed model; I was so used to drawing the nude and I simply sucked. For two years, with only 2 hours a week and never quitting, I continued to improve, or at least gained confidence and moved into quick watercolors. What amazed me, is that after giving birth to my daughter, taking 4 months off, going thru 7 consecutive nights of insomnia for nearly 2 years and suffering horrible post partum depression, came back to Bob's class and nailed the drawings. When i was drawing, the hormones made drawing feel like an out of body experience but I had been practicing all that time before so much before, my hand and eye knew what it was doing.

No comments: