New Flag

New Flag
Red Head

Thursday, April 20, 2006



Some studies for LeoPardine. I need to learn how to really draw big cats and do it well, but the truth is this: I draw horses easily, not felines. My big cats suck; they still look like dogs to me--at least in body. The feet should look like big mitts and I need to work on this. So in desperation, I bought a pass for La Brea where, this weekend, I plan to go draw the big cat anatomy. I thumbed through my Frazetta books, got depressed (inspired, too) and I love the way he painted his cats-supple, ferocious, hugely powerful. Got lots of freelance also, again I must push LeoPardine aside. Also trying to get rid of a nasty cold. My big cats must look alive, living and I need to work on this too. My cats will be a mix of leopard, smilodon; I love the big fangs and wide open jaw. Can't wait to put these on canvas...

No comments: