New Flag

New Flag
Red Head

Friday, June 23, 2006




wow, it has been awhile...my mom died in Feb, and this month i have been incredibly busy with 3 freelance projects, 2 which are big and are due at the end of this month. I have actually been working on this composition for some time now, many redrawals. there are so many juicey ways to do this one! LeoPardine's first action scene! Her companions are Luna and Sulee and the big one is a Devil Cat. In order to do this one better, I needed to find reference of big cats in motion. The library books I got were all the big cats laying, resting, posing. I went online and found an amazing website called Randy Miller's Predators in Action, which led me to a film he worked on, 2 brothers. I have been sketching both from website and movie and need to post some of those studies. "Devil Cat" was hatched before finding these treasures, so this drawing does not reflect that work...yet. Devil Cat desperately needs a background, which, i think will be snow in the redwoods. I have also been playing around with some great story ideas. We'll just say that LeoPardine will be about Reincarnation and the Afterlife.
Uh...again, I do not know why Luna turned blue! She is grey in Photoshop!

1 comment:

John T Quinn III said...

Hey,
She's not blue anymore.

I've posted this image on my blog with a link to yours and added LeoPardine to my links list.

Beautiful cats. Well done.