Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Another Update. I've been doing more freelance with a tightdeadline, otherwise, I would have finished this by now. As it were, I've only been able to throw down a few brushstrokes here and there. I've also moved the left eye up a little.
I've really had fun "organizing" the brushstrokes on the face and practicing with saturated colors and desaturated colors. The statue is a gold but I've thrown in reds, greens, blues, purples to make it more rich. I also ran completely out of burnt umber so I've been mixing raw umber with dioxazine purple and 'thalo blue to get the dark darks.