Sunday, March 30, 2008
I'm going to call this done. I'm actually tired of looking at it. It was painted entirely without burnt umber because I ran out. I had finished most of it before I left for Hawaii and forgot to post it. Today I just threw a few more highlights on it and glazed it.
I usually struggle with reds, but am pleased as the way the reds turned out this time.
Lots of diaxozine purple with cad med red and cad orange hue which gave me the inspiration to paint the squid-which I need to finish also! Acrylic on canvas board with several glazes inbetween paint layers. This would look terrific with a gold gilt frame.