New Flag

New Flag
Red Head

Monday, March 10, 2008



This is just a quick color, brush exercise. I wanted to paint something optimistic and happy. I love the salmon pink color and was finally able to reproduce that type of color on canvas. I don't know if I will ever finish this; I just needed to loosen up.

I love octopuses; they are so weird and beautiful. A lot of people know that many of the celaphod family can squirt ink in the shape of itself to fool an enemy, but did you know that at the same time it can turn completely transparent in the ocean afterwards and "disappear"? I just learned this reading books to my daughter...

I need to finish the gold statue and the painting of Jim Zamlich but I will be flying to Hawaii on Thursday and just needed a visual break from these.

4 comments:

Dorota said...

You constantly creat something new.You inspire me to work harder. Nice study!

Kimberly M Zamlich said...

thanks, Dorota!

I was trying to work on it last night, but I am so wiped. I would really like to paint when I'm more lucid, but Sienna just tires me out! I'm having so much fun, tho, mixing new colors and trying them out, and playing with brushstrokes and different kinds of brushes--I like the brights these days. It gives me the planes I like so much. This salmon color is becoming my favorite.

Mr.Magoo said...

It's really amazing to me Kim, how you're so committed to both parenthood and your art. Nice work! Say Hi to Greg for me!

Kimberly M Zamlich said...

It's not easy--I never rest and I've got the gray hairs to prove it!

But I would shoot myself in the head if I could not paint or draw.

Thanks, so much, for dropping in, Brian! How's the wife and little girl?