New Flag

New Flag
Red Head

Friday, March 21, 2008



Getting in the mood


Greg's away for a few hours, my baby's asleep, so it is unusually peaceful here. Comic Con is just around the corner so maybe I can sneak in a few fantasy pieces to show?

Establishing the values, planes, using big and thick brushes--this is my favorite part of a painting. This stage is pure inspiration and bliss--the next parts are pure work.

This is taken from a ball point pen scribble (see below). This is approximately 45 min. of work; acrylic on canvas paper.

3 comments:

Dorota said...

it's gonna look great. Can't wait to see when finished.

Kimberly M Zamlich said...

thanks, Dorota!

I was looking at images of dragons online-and was really disappointed at what I saw. Most looked unbelievable and silly. I think they should look powerfully built and organic-natural.

I had a rottweiler once, who weighed about 185 pds in his prime and was something to look at. Anyone who saw him was in awe at how powerfully built he was. I use those memories to build my dragon.

Dorota said...

I too don't like wimpy dragons.